Family Engagement Plan
Acknowledging that parents/guardians are a student’s first teachers and that continuing support of their childrens’ educational growth is essential for academic success, Claude ISD is committed to the following Parent and Family Engagement Plan:
· Title I, Part A parents will annually be offered Title I, Part A program implementation information and will be encouraged to ask questions and to offer suggestions for improving and strengthening the program.
· Parents will receive pertinent and timely information concerning overall student performance standards and expectations based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
· Parents will be provided with timely and accurate information concerning local campus and state assessment instruments.
· Parents will be offered opportunities for learning about fostering improved academic performance for their child(ren) being culturally and linguistically responsive as needed.
· Parent representatives (including parents of Title I, Part A students) will be encouraged to become involved in the development, review, and evaluation of the campus improvement plan.
· Claude ISD will invite Title I, Part A parents to participate in the annual review and revision of the Parent/School Compact.
· Title I, Part A parents will be asked to complete surveys evaluating the Title I, Part A Program and opportunities for Parent and Family Engagement.
· Parents will be encouraged to annually review and revise this plan.